Monday, March 1, 2010

ICE LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE

Currently no version of ICE supports the LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE statement. Although some ETL tools provide a workaround for, see http://www.infobright.org/Forums/viewthread/1123/, by using named pipes and a program installed on the server.
Those who don't use any ETL tool, cannot do anything else than copying the file to the server and load in from there.
I've created a patch which enables remote data loading, but currently it only works on Linux. It works by using named pipes.
When I have more time I'll make it to work on Windows too.

Patch have to applied in the root of Infobright source code, and are tested in ICE 3.3.1 on Linux, it may work on other UNIX like systems, but it won't work on Windows.

Update:
I have discovered a bug in the original patch. The bug allows the data loading to end prematurely, meaning that all rows aren't going to be imported. I've created a temporary fix, until I figure out why this happens.
The fix can be downloaded here.

Patch file:
loadDataLocal331.patch (9 KB)

No comments:

Post a Comment